** Poly Bite (warning graphic images) **

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Is the face bitten up ? Thats odd. There doesnt look to be too much damage. Im not sure but i think its really rare that polys kill each other because of aggression. Eating each other maybe way more common but there aggression usually is biting/ripping and holding onto fins. The reddish tail fin is normal for sens. Mine had it as qell
The first injuries were to pectoral fin, anal fin, and tail fin, causing them to turn red. The injured pectoral fin was shredded and the sen could barely use it. The only inhabitants are the 6" delhezi, 5" lap, 4" more, and 16" SAL. The injuries happened about 2-3 weeks after the introduction of the del and lap, whereas the sen has been in with the SAL for 8 months or so. The lap also took over it's spot on top of the sponge filter around the time the first injuries occurred. After the injuries had healed, I've saw the sen square off with the lap as the lap ate, like it was trying to pick a fight.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
The first injuries were to pectoral fin, anal fin, and tail fin, causing them to turn red. The injured pectoral fin was shredded and the sen could barely use it. The only inhabitants are the 6" delhezi, 5" lap, 4" more, and 16" SAL. The injuries happened about 2-3 weeks after the introduction of the del and lap, whereas the sen has been in with the SAL for 8 months or so. The lap also took over it's spot on top of the sponge filter around the time the first injuries occurred. After the injuries had healed, I've saw the sen square off with the lap as the lap ate, like it was trying to pick a fight.
That sucks, i couldnt tell from the pics. Laps are usually the most easy going man guess ya never know

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Is SAL south american lungfish? If so im betting that took out the sen.

Reactions: jaws7777

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Is SAL south american lungfish? If so im betting that took out the sen.
Doubtful since they've been together for months and the sen would pile with it all the time. The moke and del are also piling with it. Also, it's mouth isn't big enough to wrap around the sen's mouth. Injuries didn't occur until the introduction of the other polys

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Doubtful since they've been together for months and the sen would pile with it all the time. The moke and del are also piling with it. Also, it's mouth isn't big enough to wrap around the sen's mouth. Injuries didn't occur until the introduction of the other polys
Not disagreeing or agreeing but ive had polys and cats pile together and it didnt translate to compatibility.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Just discovered this thread and my 6" Sen killed atleast 3 tiger barbs when i went on thanksgiving vacation. He only ate one of them and just snacked on the other two it looked like. No pictures tho as it was just the shredded bodies of them when i returned.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
The size of the SAL's mouth leaves it doubtful that the injury on the sen's mouth was done by it.
The bite force of a lungfish is way stronger than a poly, i remember Hao Hao lungfish doing damage to his other fiah similar to what happened to your sen.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
The bite force of a lungfish is way stronger than a poly, i remember Hao Hao lungfish doing damage to his other fiah similar to what happened to your sen.
That would be true if the SAL could wrap it's mouth around the sens snout. It can barely get a 2mm pellet inside of its mouth. The sen's snout is much bigger than 3mm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store