The Oscar Did It . . .

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Can you post pics of your reverse flow UGF? I thought I was the only one who has one.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Can you post pics of your reverse flow UGF? I thought I was the only one who has one.
I don't have construction pix of the UG filter . It was my first attempt at a sump, and eventually it proved to work fine.

The plate is just a typical plastic UGF plate with a 3/4" PVC riser from one corner, to the top of the tank, to feed it from above.

I ran it as a straight UGF from 1989 to 2016.

Honestly, the complication is hard to justify on a 30 gal tank, but this was an experiment and conducting it taught me a lot.

Reactions: J. H. and Matteus

Zak03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2018
Salem, Oregon. USA
Hi guys, I'm new to monster fish keepers, and I have absolutely no idea how to make a new post or thread. (i don't even know if those are two separate things or not). I don't want to hijack posts and start talking about something way off topic, so can someone tell me how to make posts and threads.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys, I'm new to monster fish keepers, and I have absolutely no idea how to make a new post or thread. (i don't even know if those are two separate things or not). I don't want to hijack posts and start talking about something way off topic, so can someone tell me how to make posts and threads.
Go to the bottom of any subforum you wish to post in, there will be a button that says "create new thread" click on it

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm still confused. what do you mean by ' subforum'?
There are different sections like "African cichlids"
"Lungfish" etc
Right now your posting in the "introduce yourself " subforum.
If you go to the home page you can scroll and see all different sections

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
ran one for years on the 180. large sponges on the intakes. 2 mighty might pumps pushing 580 gph each. gravel was always clean, post a vid of the tank. also always ran to AC110 with it.

Zak03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2018
Salem, Oregon. USA
There are different sections like "African cichlids"
"Lungfish" etc
Right now your posting in the "introduce yourself " subforum.
If you go to the home page you can scroll and see all different sections
mfk.PNG
I checked out the Forum Info part, but I still can't seem to find the subforums. I found the introduce yourself subforum, but that was in the "special area and others"

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Hey I kind of lost track of this thread, but a thank you to all who posted here.

Right now I have 8 systems operating and I am disassembling my corydoras tank to move it. I've already moved one system today, and eventually I am going to move them all around, as I am installing two larger tanks.

All that stuff is now in my thread called First Big DIY Systems.

I bought this Cheapo Petco fish tank stand as a temporary stand for one of my 55s.
20190511_192502.jpg
It's really coming in hand, moving all these tanks around, but it was an awful POS and I wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. You can read the rest of my ranting about it elsewhere on the forums.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store