Urgent help please

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
i got a new 1.5 inch Fakaha puffer he is eating but I am almost sure he has internal parasites because most of not all puffers are wild caught so the question is i will treat him with metronidazole but I need to know what is the dosage please

Thanks in advance

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would dose some prazipro instead of the metro. Post some pics of the fish. If it’s eating and putting on size then it’s suggests no parasites. It’s the opposite with not eating, losing weight and sunken bellies. So what is ur puffer showing?

Fat Homer Fat Homer

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
Would dose some prazipro instead of the metro. Post some pics of the fish. If it’s eating and putting on size then it’s suggests no parasites. It’s the opposite with not eating, losing weight and sunken bellies. So what is ur puffer showing?

Fat Homer Fat Homer
1 ) prazipro is not available were I live
2) I just want to treat him I case he has parasites because I don’t want to loose him
3)he is eating fine and in good shape nice round belly

So what do u suggest is a good dosage of metro?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
1 ) prazipro is not available were I live
2) I just want to treat him I case he has parasites because I don’t want to loose him
3)he is eating fine and in good shape nice round belly

So what do u suggest is a good dosage of metro?
Wouldn’t dose unless there’s something to suggest IP. I understand you want to treat in case. Treating can sometimes lead to resistant bugs when there are no problems. If it should ever acquire something down the line and it has resistance then it’ll set urself up for more probs.

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
Wouldn’t dose unless there’s something to suggest IP. I understand you want to treat in case. Treating can sometimes lead to resistant bugs when there are no problems. If it should ever acquire something down the line and it has resistance then it’ll set urself up for more probs.
So I won’t treat him now in a week I will move him in a 130 all by him self bare bottom for now see his droppings and then I will decide

Here are some pictures of him

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
i got a new 1.5 inch Fakaha puffer he is eating but I am almost sure he has internal parasites because most of not all puffers are wild caught so the question is i will treat him with metronidazole but I need to know what is the dosage please

Thanks in advance
If it's a Fahaka then most likely it's cb

Reactions: Essaf Victor

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
One more question he ate alot of frozen blood worms and now his belly is giant and bubbly looking is that fine

Here are some pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store