Ich careers on new plants

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
I just bought a java fern from store.
And downside is that the plant is housed with fish in it and i guarantee that my new fern has ich careers.

How can I remove ich careers from my new java fern? Can i use a pressure hose to get rid od ich careers?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I just bought a java fern from store.
And downside is that the plant is housed with fish in it and i guarantee that my new fern has ich careers.

How can I remove ich careers from my new java fern? Can i use a pressure hose to get rid od ich careers?
Best bet would be to just quarantine the plant for a bit before placing into your intended tank...

Another more extreme option would be a (maximum) 5% solution bleach dip for 2 mins, followed by a very good rinse in some water with an overdose of Prime or something similar to remove any residual bleach afterwards...

The only problem with a bleach dip is that it may coz your plant some problems depending on how well it holds up, also be sure to keep the roots out of the solution if possible...

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
Best bet would be to just quarantine the plant for a bit before placing into your intended tank...

Another more extreme option would be a (maximum) 5% solution bleach dip for 2 mins, followed by a very good rinse in some water with an overdose of Prime or something similar to remove any residual bleach afterwards...

The only problem with a bleach dip is that it may coz your plant some problems depending on how well it holds up, also be sure to keep the roots out of the solution if possible...
Should i go for the full duration of qt? 10 days? Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Should i go for the full duration of qt? 10 days? Thanks
Should be enough time and keep the temps at 86 to speed up the life cycle. Without a fish host it’ll die.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Agree with the above, keeping temps up and the time allocated should be enough to kill any ich...

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store