Aggressive P. Afer Knifefish video...

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Did you guys know they were this aggressive? They are beautiful knifefish, though!

There was a reason mine was named Jacka$$

Any idea what people have successfully kept with this knife species longterm?
I had luck with upperjaw bichirs, large eels, and several medium sized pleco species(they slap back and mine learned leave them alone) for the year and a half I had mine. Anything that darts around the aquarium like the 4 line pim I had will be targeted

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
There was a reason mine was named Jacka$$

I had luck with upperjaw bichirs, large eels, and several medium sized pleco species(they slap back and mine learned leave them alone) for the year and a half I had mine. Anything that darts around the aquarium like the 4 line pim I had will be targeted

LOL about the name of your P. Afer. Thanks for the info about your experience with the fish. Though the marbled knife is beautiful, it seems to be too aggressive for my taste. I think I'll stick to keeping clown knives, black ghost knives, and african knife fish.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
LOL about the name of your P. Afer. Thanks for the info about your experience with the fish. Though the marbled knife is beautiful, it seems to be too aggressive for my taste. I think I'll stick to keeping clown knives, black ghost knives, and african knife fish.
he wasn't the most aggresive knife I have had, that would be Capone my Carpo he was 12" and had a 16" common pleco scared

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
he wasn't the most aggresive knife I have had, that would be Capone my Carpo he was 12" and had a 16" common pleco scared
What became of your afer?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Unfortunately I have had to sell off all my fish because my landlord lost the place I was renting and it has been harder than expected to find a new place so I am down to 5 fish and shrinking until I find a new place
Oh...hopefully you find a suitable place pretty soon.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Is that justarn justarn 's tank? The stocking is almost the same as is the decor, and the size would seem to match as well.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Oh...hopefully you find a suitable place pretty soon.

Well I found a business partner for a business I have been working to get off the ground for a little over a year where we both breed fish and buy spawns off other breeders to grow out and resale along with flipping tanks and renting tank space to other breeders and for quarantine. And tomorrow if the landlord is feeling better we will be meeting to look at a potential commercial property so fingers crossed it goes well.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well I found a business partner for a business I have been working to get off the ground for a little over a year where we both breed fish and buy spawns off other breeders to grow out and resale along with flipping tanks and renting tank space to other breeders and for quarantine. And tomorrow if the landlord is feeling better we will be meeting to look at a potential commercial property so fingers crossed it goes well.
Sounds like an interesting endeavor...good luck with that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store