Indian mudskipper setup

dingoofus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bundy, Queensland, Australia
Bugger me, it is too, lol, I spose he's got his mudskippers then.

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
Wow, i was just looking through the brackish section and noticed this thread, you guys brought up my first post :nilly:. I never did get the mudskippers...

Thanks for the info anyway, i just saw some indian mudskippers at a lfs and was considering getting one or two haha

dzkid82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2008
Staten Island, NY
anyone know how to successfully raise mudskippers? i cannot get mine to live past 24 hours. i tried to keep in 20 gallon setup, brackish water, some land, and air pump. i noticed mudskippers are bloody by the belly after they've died. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

Candicebzb

Feeder Fish
Feb 2, 2019
I've had one for over a year. Do you have a heater and a glass top? This is necessary to keep the humdity up. Mine like plain old tropical fish pellets. I'm still trying to discover descent tank mates. I do have nerite snails in the tank.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I've had one for over a year. Do you have a heater and a glass top? This is necessary to keep the humdity up. Mine like plain old tropical fish pellets. I'm still trying to discover descent tank mates. I do have nerite snails in the tank.
Tankmates generally aren't a good idea for mudskippers.
This is a thread from 2009 btw...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store