Show us you indoor ponds

Brian Rodgers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2016
Northern New Mexico
Awesome build. Very inspiring.
Here is an update on our 2600 gallon fish tank. We had a leak in the greenhouse roof which leaked Zinc from our galvanized tin roof in making our Brook Trout sick. They were over two years old. I did three day long water exchanges to dilute the tank water and hopefully clean all the media beds. Culled the last 10 trout and am going for more Brook trout Monday. Currently I am creating a 30 gallon portable fry tank to transport 100 trout fry.
August-2017-2600-gallon-AP.jpg

I added Hornwart to the tank to give the fry a place to feel safe in this big system.
August-2017-2600-gallon-AP-added-Hornwart.jpg
Tomatoes and much more are doing very well. Water is clear even though I have been ill a lot lately I try to keep up.
August-2017-2600-gallon-AP-added-Hornwart-more-rocks-driftwood.jpg
With massive water changes and all the trout removed the bottom is clean again.
August-2017-2600-gallon-AP-new-build-transport-tank.jpg
Here is the portable fish transport tank I am building. There will be a place to put the solar powered bubbler and a snorkel for excess air. I should have installed an airlift filter sponge for filtration, oh well gotta forget something I guess.

Reactions: deVostylee

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Here is my first indoor pond. It's a bit of a work in progress. I have changed my sump to K-1. I've also added a new water pump. So it's still being improved upon.

8 x 4 x 2 plywood pond with EDPM liner. I used 1 inch foam to help on insulation.

I am using a barracuda reeflo pump. Gives me approximately 3900 gallons per hour at 4 feet of head. Sump is a 75 gallon tank with two 2 inch PVC returns. I have a proximately 1 ft.³ of media. I'm going to add a 2nd cubic foot as soon as I get my air pump finalized. I also need to improve the way my pumps adds water to ten sump. I am going to make some sort of a spray bar to help get better fluidization.

Right now air is supplied by 1300 gph pump with 3 large stones.

I have to plumb in my uv filter and my mechanical filter. I will use the 5 gallon bucket as my mechanical filtration.

I also plan to run a 15 gallon per day drip system. I will have the drip overflow come off of the mechnical filtration bucket.

The bottom of the bucket will be lava rock just to add more bb to my system.

Please note, the two sets of PVC lines that come out of the pond to the left of the bucket are from my old pumps, I just have not remove them from the pond yet. I wanted to be sure everything was set before I completely broke them down.

I will be stocking it with various rays.

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

Glass Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2018
My indoor pond is very similar to the start of this post it is in the entryway of the house and has on 18” RTC. We have to put kennel panel to keep our hybrids exotic cats from messing with fish and plants.

272D04AC-05DD-45A1-B494-872A39FFC0CB.jpeg

Landonious

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi All! This is my around 1100 gallon garage setup with two tanks of 475 gallon, one 120 gallon, and 60 gallon tank. All temp controlled with a room AC and heater. Humidity kept waaaay down with a strong de-humidifier. Canister filters everywhere except for 1 sump. Easy water changes by linking all tanks with pvc piping hooked to 2400gph swimming pool pump and the house water line.

image.jpeg

blinkdagger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2019
Not sure if this counts as a pond since it's so small, but it's running a bog filter so I figured I'd try my luck here. The inhabitants include:

3x Chinese Pond turtles
2x Yellow Pond turtles (hybrid)
~10x rosy bitterlings
5x stone morokos
6x siamese algae eaters
All yearlings or thereabouts.

The outer box is 80x60x34cm, the inner box is 40x30x20ish. Been running pretty well for 6 months now, the main hitch being the turtles molesting all the nice looking plants to death with the (arguable) exception of the umbrella palms. Space is at a premium where I live, so I plan on upgrading to a deeper pond with about the same footprint in the spring.

IMG_20190209_201953.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store