5.5” Anthrax Pleco (pseudolithoxus anthrax)

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Looking to rehome a 5.5” Pseudolithoxus Anthrax...anthrax or flat flyer pleco.

Long term captive that’s been through full quarantine (metrondazinole, levamisole, praziquantel, acriflavine, etc)

Healthy and active and eats like a horse. However, he needs to go...jerk wrecked my planted tank and sent them floating into the overflows. Cost me a ton in plants alone. Never seen a pleco that is so active that digs huge depressions in the gravel.

$45 or trade for green phantom, gold nuggets, blue phantom.

upload_2019-2-10_17-10-26.jpeg

Reactions: Matteus

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Not sure if you have ever tried it before but just a word of caution on the Phantom pleco in a planted tank. Mine ate soft plants down to the roots and chewed holes into tough anubis plants. Not a plant friendly species IME

Reactions: phreeflow

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Not sure if you have ever tried it before but just a word of caution on the Phantom pleco in a planted tank. Mine ate soft plants down to the roots and chewed holes into tough anubis plants. Not a plant friendly species IME
Thanks for the info. Been keeping L14, L46, and L134 with no issues in a planted display. Then comes this anthrax and he uprooted half my plants but doesn’t eat any. I’m gonna have to rethink the L200...lol

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
I also had blue and green phantoms eat up plants. The other plecos you mentioned prefer meatier diets.

Bump for a nice Anthrax

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Anyone wanna trade for another pleco? I would even consider bristlenose at this point...just no browns, longfin preferred. Most of my plants are all floating now with the exception of some anubias lol

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
Hate to be a downer but when your L14 gets a bit bigger he's going to LOVE digging and those plants may keep coming up.

Perhaps consider more varieties of Anubis and ferns? Have you thought of placing stones around the base of your plants making it harder for him to get them up?

It's a great fish...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store