Jardini Tankmates

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
They look cool but from what I’ve read they don’t really do much?
That really depends on the individual fish, some like to swim, most are logs. Upper jaws are move active than lower jaws but if your planning to have jardini you’ll have to have a poly that can grow about 13”+ so it wont become a meal.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
What’s the Jardini like?
Jardini are hit or miss, some are calm so are aggressive, my first two were a a**hole always going after the other aro, the one that is growing now is pretty calm, but all 3 jardini i own never bother the poly. It usually goes after mid or top swimmers. Hao Hao had some big one’s when he had aro community, he also has a good size right now but dosent get along woth his afrowana.

MonsterFishGuy13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2019
Jardini are hit or miss, some are calm so are aggressive, my first two were a a**hole always going after the other aro, the one that is growing now is pretty calm, but all 3 jardini i own never bother the poly. It usually goes after mid or top swimmers. Hao Hao had some big one’s when he had aro community, he also has a good size right now but dosent get along woth his afrowana.
Hm I see I guess it depends on my luck

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I’ve done some more research and I have an idea. I was thinking about buying a green arowana or Banjar red and put Oscars in with the aro. Would this work?
More likely to work than the jardini from what I have read, the Asians are supposed to be less aggressive. I have never kept an Asian, can't personally verify that. I do think a 180 is going to eventually be too small for any arowana species. Though it should work for a good while, if you can upgrade at some point to more like a 300.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store