210 gallon tank how long to cycle

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just got a 210 my dream and Wanna know how long it will take to cycle if I use new gravel/sand but put on filter that has been in a cycled tank tht been running for 3 years I also will be adding a fx5

Well the seeded filter will most definitely give the cycle a jump start. Without the seeded filter most aquariums on average take 6 or more weeks to fully cycle. Really no accurate time everyone situation will be different. Don't add too many fish at one time and be patient.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Well the seeded filter will most definitely give the cycle a jump start. Without the seeded filter most aquariums on average take 6 or more weeks to fully cycle. Really no accurate time everyone situation will be different. Don't add too many fish at one time and be patient.
Ok i have my fish already so just add a few every week or something wen tank is cycled also do u know how hard it is to keep a stingray was thinking of getting one if there is one I could keep in this tank for a year or more

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Water volume shouldnt matter.....really.
If you can get a bottle of mb7 it will help it along. Or another bottled bacteria. But like tlindsey tlindsey said the cycled media will speed things along.
Im looking to have this tank ready in 3 weeks to a month got 2 oscars tht need this tank

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Ok i have my fish already so just add a few every week or something wen tank is cycled also do u know how hard it is to keep a stingray was thinking of getting one if there is one I could keep in this tank for a year or more

Possibly a Motoro pup but tbh thourough research prior because Stingray and Sharks are not the easiest to keep imo. Sharks and Rays produce more ammonia than most fish species so optimum water conditions at all times. I've personally kept a few small benthic marine specie of Catshark.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Possibly a Motoro pup but tbh thourough research prior because Stingray and Sharks are not the easiest to keep imo. Sharks and Rays produce more ammonia than most fish species so optimum water conditions at all times. I've personally kept a few small benthic marine specie of Catshark.
Yah i heard teacup rays get 18inch disc so would consider one of those since I could keep one for a decent amount of time

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I just got a 210 my dream and Wanna know how long it will take to cycle if I use new gravel/sand but put on filter that has been in a cycled tank tht been running for 3 years I also will be adding a fx5
My 225 took 8 weeks. Have 3 aquaclear 110s and two custom internal filters with 2 gallons biobale media each with powerheads. 110s have ceramic media and custom filter sandwiches. Ammonia phase was lightning fast, nitrite phase took the longest, and nitrate phase somewhere inbetween.

average temp 82-84 degrees fishless cycle

dosed up to 12ppm through final testing before cycled.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store