2 gallon planted tank idea

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I have a 2 gallon tank, I already have white sand and would like to plant it. Any plant and rocks/driftwood ideas? No co2, and low light tank.
I would like it to be cheep and I will be using cherry shrimps as the tank habitants.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Anubias, Java Ferns, Crypts, mosses, and Bucephalandra would be your best bets. You can go for a bonsai tree look for driftwood, I think that looks cool.

Reactions: tlindsey

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Moss is great, but if you do moss, it'll strangle any other plant you put in. I would use no lights, make it a zero watt tank, just put it by the window. No direct sun. It would kill or bleach your plants and critters. There are many small things tougher than shrimp. Ostracods, daphnia, planaria, rotifers, copepods, snails, Hydra, amphipods, bryzoans, isopods, and many more. You can get them, and plants, from your local pond/lake/river.
2g is actually on the large end of these things. Check out r/jarrariums.

Reactions: cockroach

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
The tank in progress, what should I add/change?
Plants: Italian Val, petite anubias, and java fern.
Tank habitats will be 5? Cherry shrimps, 1 guppy, and 1 checkerboard cichlid baby-if grows too big I will move him/her to a 10 gallon.

image.jpg

Reactions: Dloks

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Pull the rhizomes out of the sand. They prefer to be growing in our over something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store