We will see where this goes...

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
The pond has been depressing me something horrible.
It’s been really hard to force myself to work outside when I see the pond empty. Everything I do outside always brought me to the pond.
I knew I needed to drain the water to clean it out. So today I decided to empty it. It smelled something awful and didn’t take long to find out one of the reasons why. I scooped out so many dead bloated frogs *barf*
When I got the water down to the last 6” or so I found out the water table is only 4’ down and pushing my liner up:( I’m not sure now if expanding this year is a good idea. We are expecting more rain and I don’t think the water table will be going down anytime soon.

With that in mind I decided to try something out for now.
The pond had to be filled to keep the liner in place and protect it from getting wrecked. Then I tossed together an idea I had a while ago. None of this is exactly how I want it, but just enough to see how it would look and work.
F5EB0092-D73C-4953-B2FB-955C12695D5D.jpeg

There is a lot I’ll change if we don’t expand this year. And even if we do expand, I think I’ll want to have this small pond up top draining over into the main pond.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Looks like its relaxing to sit there.. a nice cold beer in hand
Thanks, it is.
At least it was the past couple of years. It’s empty right now because I lost all my stock this winter:(
It’s nice to hear the water running again. Its going to be so hard to fight the urge to go pick out some new babies.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Very nice indeed. Normally I’m not a fan of ponds but this one is quite lovely.

It’s a shame about losing your fish but there is a silver lining. You get to buy more fish now ;).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do you know what caused those frogs to die off?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store