What websites are safe to buy fish online?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I always order and pay for either 24 hour guaranteed next day arrival at a certain time, or if available airport to airport same day shipping. COA had same day airport to airport to my area (Southwest Airlines), so I split an 80 lb weight group of boxes with a friend, cost us each about the same as 24 hour,.
And if 24 hour is the only option, I arrange to be home at the expected time, or even call the local shipping office and pick up there, as opposed to having the fish ride around all day in a hot, or cold truck.
Or worse, sit in the hot sun or in freezing doorway.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I always order and pay for either 24 hour guaranteed next day arrival at a certain time, or if available airport to airport same day shipping. COA had same day airport to airport to my area (Southwest Airlines), so I split an 80 lb weight group of boxes with a friend, cost us each about the same as 24 hour,.
And if 24 hour is the only option, I arrange to be home at the expected time, or even call the local shipping office and pick up there, as opposed to having the fish ride around all day in a hot, or cold truck.
Or worse, sit in the hot sun or in freezing doorway.
I usually do cargo now too but i dont split with anyone, i used to do door to door but my last shippment the fedex delivered it way too early than the expected time. I went to do grocery around 8am and came back home 10am cause it said in the tracking that the fish will arrive 1030am, but when i got home they already delivered fish 0920am and left it in my front door, them someone stole my package.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I usually do cargo now too but i dont split with anyone, i used to do door to door but my last shippment the fedex delivered it way too early than the expected time. I went to do grocery around 8am and came back home 10am cause it said in the tracking that the fish will arrive 1030am, but when i got home they already delivered fish 0920am and left it in my front door, them someone stole my package.
Who tf steals a box of fish and what did they do with them after. Sorry about that man.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Who tf steals a box of fish and what did they do with them after. Sorry about that man.
Tell me about it, it supposed to have a sticker live fish in it, unless the person didnt read it.

The good thing about it is that monster aquarium sent me a replacement for the fish without any cost, but i had to pay shipping again. Fedex tried to investigate but they never actually follow up untill now, i even have police report cause my neighbor was a witness that someone walking by and saw a box then took it and ride in a car the drive off.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Tell me about it, it supposed to have a sticker live fish in it, unless the person didnt read it.

The good thing about it is that monster aquarium sent me a replacement for the fish without any cost, but i had to pay shipping again. Fedex tried to investigate but they never actually follow up untill now, i even have police report cause my neighbor was a witness that someone walking by and saw a box then took it and ride in a car the drive off.
What fish was it that you ordered anyways? Just curious.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Imperial Tropicals:
I've bought rainbowfish and panda.garra from them. They have cost effective flat rate shipping with a live arrival guarantee. My rainbows from them look great!

Mike, the owner, has weekly Livestreams(you can also watch the replays on YouTube). You can get a look at their operations in these videos and he often shows the actual fish on the stream.

Liveaquaria:
I've only ordered from their Divers Den section. I got Dority rainbowfish and clown Loaches. The fish go through a quaratine process and the pics they post are of the actual fish you are buying.

All their fish (both from Divers Den) and from the regular section, come with a two week guarantee. Ive had no problems with the fish. Online reviews say that the guarantee worked smoothly when needed.

The Wetspot:
It's been mentioned here already and I've read of numerous positive experiences with the fish quality. I've never had the chance to actually order from them.

The only negative is the next day shipping required for a live arrival guarantee is expensive. This is unless you are close to them (I heard it's cheaper is Washington state for example.)

I saw an unboxing video on YouTube with a regular like $150 worth of fish costing $50+ of shipping. LR Bretz ordered a bunch of fish from them and shipping was like $120+.

They are charging you the actual shipping.vost.so.its.not a scam.

The best advice for them is to buy around their opening anniversary (I think in Sept or Oct) or Cyber Monday. You can look through their Facebook to figure out around what dates they've done these deals. The deal is flat rate shipping based on price of order. I think over $400 gave the best deal (possibly free).

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Someone stole mail from one of my neighbors once, but that person got caught quickly.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store