Dovii vs A School of 8 Piranhas.....

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
A person I know (lives in Nicaragua) has a school of 8 piranhas in a large 1500 gallon pool. While out fishing, he caught a dovii cichlid and thought it'd make a nice live food for his piranhas. So he tossed the 22 inch dovii in with his school of 8 6-8 inch piranhas and, well the dovii killed 5 of the 8 piranhas. I don't know why he thought a large dovii would be food for a school of medium sized piranhas. So yeah...... don't take a large, notoriously tough and aggressive fish and use it as a feeder for smaller, weaker fish.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I always thought they only go for the weak and injured .... the easy kill
They do, I've seen people toss in mice and stuff and the piranhas leave them alone because it isn't weak or injured, I've seen people keep oscars and other large cichlids with them because they aren't an easy target. Piranhas aren't the way people think they are

Reactions: Matteus

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
A person I know (lives in Nicaragua) has a school of 8 piranhas in a large 1500 gallon pool. While out fishing, he caught a dovii cichlid and thought it'd make a nice live food for his piranhas. So he tossed the 22 inch dovii in with his school of 8 6-8 inch piranhas and, well the dovii killed 5 of the 8 piranhas. I don't know why he thought a large dovii would be food for a school of medium sized piranhas. So yeah...... don't take a large, notoriously tough and aggressive fish and use it as a feeder for smaller, weaker fish.
Thinking a 22 inch Dovii is going to be easy food is bizarre logic unless you have crocodiles or massive river groupers.

Reactions: celebrist

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Haha, you're awful, but probably spot on! What's he been banned for anyway, don't tell me....telling porkies!!! :grinyes:

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Haha, you're awful, but probably spot on! What's he been banned for anyway, don't tell me....telling porkies!!! :grinyes:
He’s banned for pretending to be a 38yo idiot he’s a 15yo kid offering stupid ass advices, making caresheets for fishes he never kept and a bunch of other stuff haha. You asked

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
A 22'' Dovii would be considered a trophy in any country. Anyone who would put one in with a shoal of piranhas would be an idiot, but I highly doubt that this scenario even happened. Nice try buddy.......

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
He’s banned for pretending to be a 38yo idiot he’s a 15yo kid offering stupid ass advices, making caresheets for fishes he never kept and a bunch of other stuff haha. You asked
I wonder if he and Carter020108 Carter020108 are the same guy?

• Haha
Reactions: RD. and Dloks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store