Please help me ID

WaterlifeDan

Feeder Fish
Dec 25, 2017
Hello, I have had this stingray for around 18 months now. She is around 10" in diameter but I am still not sure what she is and how much she is worth. Paid £120.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Id say it looks like an mantilla to me. 120 usd is a fair price for a mantilla. But it looks a little skinny.

WaterlifeDan

Feeder Fish
Dec 25, 2017
Id say it looks like an mantilla to me. 120 usd is a fair price for a mantilla. But it looks a little skinny.
those photos are quite old. I have fed her up quite a lot since then. I had heard she could be a mantilla but I heard the term can be used quite loosely so i wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks for all of your help!

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
those photos are quite old. I have fed her up quite a lot since then. I had heard she could be a mantilla but I heard the term can be used quite loosely so i wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks for all of your help!
Well the thing is that mantilla isnt an confimed species in the potamotrygongenus. It is a potamotrygon sp. Ive seen mantillas bred pups that looks both like mantilla and motoros in the same litter. But it is gorgeous rays

Reactions: WaterlifeDan

WaterlifeDan

Feeder Fish
Dec 25, 2017
Well the thing is that mantilla isnt an confimed species in the potamotrygongenus. It is a potamotrygon sp. Ive seen mantillas bred pups that looks both like mantilla and motoros in the same litter. But it is gorgeous rays
Thank you, do you have any idea how big she can get and the minimum tank size she will need. I don’t want to sell her but if I cant have a tank large enough for her long term then it will be cruel. I’m only 14 so I’m limited to what I can do.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Thank you, do you have any idea how big she can get and the minimum tank size she will need. I don’t want to sell her but if I cant have a tank large enough for her long term then it will be cruel. I’m only 14 so I’m limited to what I can do.
Mantillas can get quite large. Dont know if they get motorolarge but count on at least 1.5-2' across its disc. I would say you need at least 8'x4'x2' or 3' high with proper filtration. Sump and showerfilters is what i recommend. Combine that with an ultima type filter and your home.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store