Atabato pike tankmates?

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
Hey guys, I have a seven foot 210 gallon tank with a red tail giant gourami (bought as a stunted juvenile), asian arowana, argentia, synspila, white saum, black belt, and new guinea tiger datnoid. Will be switching some fish around as my fry grow out, so future stock will have h. pearsei and bocourti, paratilapia bleekeri, tomocichla tuba, and caquetaia myersi - all depends on aggression levels what the final stock will be.

Are there any glaring issues with compatibility, aside from if the pike decides he hates my fish?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Rocksor Rocksor

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Because of the amount of space you have, you may get away with that combo (at least for a while).
I have kept most of the cichlid stock you have, and I always found when maculicauda, and argentea mature they become extremely aggressive, and intolerant of other cichlids (and other silver colored fish), so you may to be very observant.
But even with that size tank, as those species grow, the tank will become overstocked .

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
Because of the amount of space you have, you may get away with that combo (at least for a while).
I have kept most of the cichlid stock you have, and I always found when maculicauda, and argentea mature they become extremely aggressive, and intolerant of other cichlids (and other silver colored fish), so you may to be very observant.
But even with that size tank, as those species grow, the tank will become overstocked .
My argentia is entirely kept in check by my gourami and full grown, so I'm fine there. My maculicauda is one of my smaller fish in the tank and is already starting to get overly boisterous, so I have plans for him down the road.

This isn't their final tank, only a steppingstone. Regardless I have access to a 1,600 gallon Central American/'monster' tank that I can move fish into should my situation change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store