Which Spiny Eel is best for me?

Pile_O_Rocks

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2019
They likely will and may need to overfeed and spot feed a bit. Once settled it’ll be fine coming out to compete for food.
What if I got the Eel first, get it to settle in, then add the Buffei. Would this mean that out competing problems would be minimal or will it still be a problem?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What if I got the Eel first, get it to settle in, then add the Buffei. Would this mean that out competing problems would be minimal or will it still be a problem?
It’ll let it settle in for sure. Which is the main goal. Even after adding the cats. The glass cats will still out compete it a bit. If it takes up a hiding spot then can place food in that area and it should help with the food issue.

Reactions: tlindsey

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the spotted eel, it's very common. I think it's care is the same for tire track eels, and they reach a similar size I think. I've even heard from some where that they were just different color morphs. Mines maybe 14" long or so. Amazing fish, she has s favorite pile of rocks but likes to explore the driftwood sometimes. She eats a lot of night crawlers and some frozen blood worms. she eats the night crawlers right out of my hand. She likes to play a game where she pokes her head out of the rocks and check the worm out before swimming up to get the worm. She then dashes frantically into the rocks and disappears, only to poke her head out a few minutes later to see if there's another worm coming. Okay, that's probably just predator response, but it's cute.
BTW, i Refer to her as her because we named her Missy Eeliot.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the spotted eel, it's very common. I think it's care is the same for tire track eels, and they reach a similar size I think. I've even heard f
[/QUOTE
I'd like to retract my statement. I think I was working with old information, and I should've fact checked myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store