Raid Area 51

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
https://BillWhittle.com . . . three reasons to break up Google, YouTube, Facebook and other social media companies that use algorithms to suppress free speech: Bias without consent, practical monopoly status, and the distinction between carriers and publishers . . .

I agree with Bill, except they are not carriers or publishers. They are mass-marketing companies. Their money comes from ad revenue.

Reactions: BichirKing

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
No idea what the link says because when clicking it it then asks if you want to leave youtube, then after clicking that is wants you to become a member. Not doing that. With that said. If he is saying that those sites surpress free speech then he needs to realize that "free speech" doesn't work that way in privately owned entities such as facebook, youtube, and other online bases such as websites. And there is nothing wrong with that. If someone does not like the way a certain website like facebook, google or youtube works, then no one is forcing them to use them. Just as with MFK here. Politics are not allowed to be talked about here, is that suppressing someones free speech? No, because it is not a publicly owned entity.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
LOL dude its not very often that I actually laugh out loud to an online meme, but that one got me! :ROFL:
It ties together some of what's been discussed the past few days pretty nicely.

Reactions: BichirKing

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
No idea what the link says because when clicking it it then asks if you want to leave youtube, then after clicking that is wants you to become a member. . .
Sorry about the crappy linkage folks.

S Steve_C If you look up Bill Whittle's videos on YouTube you can watch most of them free. He was a test pilot and trained to be an astronaut.

The reason that the linkage was a bust is because of the way things are redirected on YouTube without telling you in advance.

I should have tested it of course but it's a sneaky tactic on their part, and reflection of the fact that the same folks own YouTube.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Google is making it difficult for me to find that video.

if you go to YouTube directly you can search for a video by Bill Whittle subtitled Why break up YouTube, Google and Facebook

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's what they do.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I'm just trying to share that linkage on a mobile device and for some reason it is bloody impossible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store