Smallest freshwater stingray

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Just in case I'm looking for a bigger tank, I found a 180 gallon fiberglass tank(60"x30"x24") that I might get in the future. Because stingrays always been a interest of mine since I was a kid, are there any species that could fit in this footprint? If not, what is the smallest ray and footprint for it/tank size?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just in case I'm looking for a bigger tank, I found a 180 gallon fiberglass tank(60"x30"x24") that I might get in the future. Because stingrays always been a interest of mine since I was a kid, are there any species that could fit in this footprint? If not, what is the smallest ray and footprint for it/tank size?
Scobina, hystrix and mini marbles could work. Need good filtration.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Scobina, hystrix and mini marbles could work. Need good filtration.
What would be the cheapest stingray? And what would be a good filtration for a tank this size, sump, fx4, other options so I can estimate the cost of the tank+filtration+heating?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What would be the cheapest stingray? And what would be a good filtration for a tank this size, sump, fx4, other options so I can estimate the cost of the tank+filtration+heating?
These smaller ones are hard to get by are availabe in the mfk marketplace. Can’t say on price but I’d imagine more expensive as not readily available. Would look into a sump and not use a fx6 or it’d be an addition to the sump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store