650 gallon plywood build

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I will use 3/4” glass, ordering from a local fish store, yes filtration will be on right hand side of tank.
If u don’t mind answering. How much for the glass?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Not at all man , the lowest quote i got so far for a piece 76”x40”x3/4”is $750 and i have to pick it up about 30 min drive, trying to find something better if not i will be placing the order in the next couple days.
Have you tried looking into buying it from an actual glazer or glass supplier? They might have less of a markup.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Not at all man , the lowest quote i got so far for a piece 76”x40”x3/4”is $750 and i have to pick it up about 30 min drive, trying to find something better if not i will be placing the order in the next couple days.
Thats a good price. Ive been shopping around for 72x48x3/4" and most places are coming up with $1500+ per. Thats not a bad drive at all to pick it up either.

Reactions: Matteus

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
This is awesome! Nice build, I didnt realize the glass would cost that much!

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA

That's a really good price for 3/4" where I live in CA. When I ordered my 1/2" glass, I called Glasscages.com and it was still going to be more with shipping and I still needed to drive 2 hrs to pick it up at their delivery spot in CA. I called a local glass shop who ordered it from a larger glass company near Fresno. The local company delivered right to my door when it came in.

In your case, that chunk of glass is going to be heavy! I bet if you worked it out with a local company, showed them pictures of what your building, or having them come for a free estimate or measurement, they would deliver it as well. If you get your sealing area prepped, bet they would even consider helping mount it into place, just because of the cool factor!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store