Rainbow shark with CPO crayfish

brown_raptor1986

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
Would they be able to co-exist peacefully with one another in a well planted 35 gallon tank that is also amply provided with plenty of crevices? Thanks in advance.

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
Would they be able to co-exist peacefully with one another in a well planted 35 gallon tank that is also amply provided with plenty of crevices? Thanks in advance.
I had a crayfish that got pretty big years ago. When you have a crayfish, no fish is safe unless he is much bigger. My crayfish would climb up on a big rock in the middle of the tank. He would stick his claws out, spread apart and pincers open. Then he would freeze. He would remain completely still laying in wait. When an unsuspecting fish would swim by he would grab it in a flash and hang on for dear life. Needless to say, I had to eventually get rid of him. Not sure if CPO crayfish have such a nature, but they are meat eaters if they can get it.

Reactions: brown_raptor1986

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
On the Rainbow shark side, I would have to say unknown. My albino Rainbow shark leaves all the bottom fish alone but harasses all the swimmers.

I had a red-tailed shark that would harass corys.

Reactions: brown_raptor1986

brown_raptor1986

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
I had a crayfish that got pretty big years ago. When you have a crayfish, no fish is safe unless he is much bigger. My crayfish would climb up on a big rock in the middle of the tank. He would stick his claws out, spread apart and pincers open. Then he would freeze. He would remain completely still laying in wait. When an unsuspecting fish would swim by he would grab it in a flash and hang on for dear life. Needless to say, I had to eventually get rid of him. Not sure if CPO crayfish have such a nature, but they are meat eaters if they can get it.
On the Rainbow shark side, I would have to say unknown. My albino Rainbow shark leaves all the bottom fish alone but harasses all the swimmers.

I had a red-tailed shark that would harass corys.
In that case, are there any aquatic crabs or shrimp that would be able to get along with a rainbow shark? Again, thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store