Torn pectoral fin causes

Hank82

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2019
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Currently I have two Oscars in the tank the larger Oscar 10” has torn pectoral fins on both sides. And there are adult breeding convicts in the tank as well with new babies. What are the causes of torn pectoral fins? I do water changes every three days at least 50%. And the fish don’t seem too aggressive with each other they knew about each other every now and then but seem to be getting along OK. Any ideas?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Currently I have two Oscars in the tank the larger Oscar 10” has torn pectoral fins on both sides. And there are adult breeding convicts in the tank as well with new babies. What are the causes of torn pectoral fins? I do water changes every three days at least 50%. And the fish don’t seem too aggressive with each other they knew about each other every now and then but seem to be getting along OK. Any ideas?

Convicts with eggs or fry will bite any fish that gets close to their eggs, wriggler's or fry. Convicts get very aggressive during spawning. Your Oscars will continue to get torn fins until you seperate them from the Convict Cichlid's.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store