MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
South East Asia

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Its an possibility there is p14 in the mix. There might be some brown mix in it to. I had an castexi x henlei hybrid with that much spots before but he was brown not black. Its an black ray for base thats for sure. This hybrid can have more the two species in the mix. In my mind the mix doesnt matter at all since its an really good looking ray:)

Reese11

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
New jersey
Its an possibility there is p14 in the mix. There might be some brown mix in it to. I had an castexi x henlei hybrid with that much spots before but he was brown not black. Its an black ray for base thats for sure. This hybrid can have more the two species in the mix. In my mind the mix doesnt matter at all since its an really good looking ray:)
Thank you for that informative response!

Reactions: Canoeist

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Many species of brown rays have the long tapered tails. So honestly there is no telling what is in the mix. Especially if its a couple generations back.

Castexi

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2019
I have one that looks similar that was sold to me as a "thousand island" but has a tall/wide paddle tail. Yours definitely looks black, I'd be very interested to see how it develops.

monsteraqua

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
South East Asia
Asked one of the most reliable stingray breeders and suppliers in Asia.
It is a light colour morph,
P14 Superspotted x Black Diamond Pure (BDP),
P14 - carrying the amazing spots,
Bred towards a BD pure.
Creating an awesome hybrid,
As it develops the colour will get enhanced. Make sure to keep on a colour rich diet.

Reactions: Reese11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store