Sick Rope

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Keep it low and hope the rope comes around if u keep it.

Reactions: twentyleagues

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
I've said this before but I've had rotten luck with ropes over the past year. I have tried to introduce them to my bichir tank several times and most die before they make it out of QT. I believe I've bought about 8-10 ropes over the last year and 2 have made it past QT. Most die within 24-48 hours while other have taken 1-2 weeks to pass. Some ropes are quite active while some I've found to be quite inactive. Yours might be fine and just be more of a recluse

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
Nope. It's ick and the store lied about how long they were treating them. The rope suffocated and died and I took it back and got Paraguard that has malachite green. I raised the temp to 86. Going to vacuum sand daily for a few weeks. Any other suggestions to make sure it doesn't kill any of my other fish? One of the other two ropes is on its way out too

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nope. It's ick and the store lied about how long they were treating them. The rope suffocated and died and I took it back and got Paraguard that has malachite green. I raised the temp to 86. Going to vacuum sand daily for a few weeks. Any other suggestions to make sure it doesn't kill any of my other fish? One of the other two ropes is on its way out too
Would reduce ur temps if testing with meds. But if planning to keep the heat to speed up the life cycle then add a powehead/pump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store