Good Vacuum Fish For Cichla?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
What're some good clean up crew fish for a peacock bass tank? Dimensions are 96x30x26 with medium to high flow with hidey areas to escape the current. I was thinking either a couple of flagtails or a marbled achara catfish but whatre some other options that would actually make the tank cleaner? Not a pleco that will eat my driftwood and create as much waste as it cleans.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
What're some good clean up crew fish for a peacock bass tank? Dimensions are 96x30x26 with medium to high flow with hidey areas to escape the current. I was thinking either a couple of flagtails or a marbled achara catfish but whatre some other options that would actually make the tank cleaner? Not a pleco that will eat my driftwood and create as much waste as it cleans.
Personally I'm a big fan of Flagtails, ultimate tank cleaners imo -- constantly eating & tidying up the tank but w/o the huge waste of a pleco. However while I've never kept 2 FT's together, I've heard (esp. when in the 'teens') they may have a tendency to fight each other for dominance so you might consider to get just 1 and then 1 of something else (my tank is just about same size as yours (4" higher) and 1 fast growing 9-10" FT keeps it really clean.

Sorry I can't really offer any other alternatives as you ask, just think it's hard to go wrong with a FT if one has a decent sized tank or bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store