hole in the head disease need help .

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
hi all, need help my two large Xingu's have hole in the head ,and have a kelberi that doesn't have it but its in the same tank ? I've done three treatments over 4 weeks one using esha hexamita, and two using octozin but both xingu's still have it , still feeding like mad doing two 30% water changes (hma) a week. Am I missing something is there a better treatment I can use really need to sort this out .

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
hi all, need help my two large Xingu's have hole in the head ,and have a kelberi that doesn't have it but its in the same tank ? I've done three treatments over 4 weeks one using esha hexamita, and two using octozin but both xingu's still have it , still feeding like mad doing two 30% water changes (hma) a week. Am I missing something is there a better treatment I can use really need to sort this out .
Could be from numerous causes. Is ur water quality good? Stray voltage in the tank? Do u have hard water? What are u feeding? Maybe needing to switch to get soft and acidic water for the pbass.

Reactions: jordancch

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
hma water filter ph is 6.8-7 max hikari cichlid gold pellets, muscles, prawns water in tank is good, im not new to keeping peacock bass just never had to deal with this before.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
hma water filter ph is 6.8-7 max hikari cichlid gold pellets, muscles, prawns water in tank is good, im not new to keeping peacock bass just never had to deal with this before.
Not saying u don’t know what ur doing. Just really hard to tell sometimes. What’s ur Gh? Any stress on the pbass?

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
only 3 bass in a 80"x24"x24" eheim 2250 filter 12" airstone and an extra 2000lph flow pump ,ive not checked the gh will do that tomorrow .

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
still have this and dont look any better ,this has been going on for 6 weeks now did 3 treatments by the book ,im now doing 25% water change 3 times a week with 75% ro and 25% hma and adding eHSa optima, water is spot on ! feeding muscles, prawns and hikari cichlid gold pellets and some whitebait now and then.??? i'm at a loss as what to do next … just to add there is a kelberi in the same tank without the disease???

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
O=a - O=nitrite - 5ppm=nitrate
Ok. Clean water. There could be some kind of seconday infection. Maybe try some other products like KanaPlex, Prazipro and/or a dewormer like Prohibit (Levamisole). Don't give up, just keep trying stuff, but not all at once.

Reactions: jordancch
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store