Tapajos 1

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Never kept Crenicichla tapajos 1 before but got some coming in 2 weeks was wondering how they’ll get along with my bass that are 8.5” the runt is 7.5” and of the pikes coming 3 are 10” one is 12”. Tank is 480 (8x4)

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
mrrobxc mrrobxc has mixed pikes and pbass.

Reactions: tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I’ve talked to him offsite he thinks they’ll be fine but I wanted to see What other pike minds think on the matter. ? ? always get nervous adding new fish

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
There will be show of dominance but nothing like killing. Split fins might occur due to swimming away. I would characterize it as medium to low aggression between the pikes and bass.

The pikes will really learn fast to hit the food hard when they see the bass gobble up all the food.

Reactions: mrrobxc and kno4te

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
There will be show of dominance but nothing like killing. Split fins might occur due to swimming away. I would characterize it as medium to low aggression between the pikes and bass.

The pikes will really learn fast to hit the food hard when they see the bass gobble up all the food.
It was a choice between xingu 1 and tapajos 1 I know xingu 1 are way more aggressive as I talked to mrrobxc mrrobxc about it and leaned more toward tapajos 1, for their colors vs the chance of getting all brown males going the xingu route(since they’re all 4” no way to know what sex your getting) as well as tapajos being from the same river the Pinima (bass) are from. Split fins are nothing new to me lol Pinima are a little tough on each other but nothing that doesn’t heal in a couple days with the constant drip. I have some heros Severus in there too will they act as dithers?

Reactions: mrrobxc

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
It was a choice between xingu 1 and tapajos 1 I know xingu 1 are way more aggressive as I talked to mrrobxc mrrobxc about it and leaned more toward tapajos 1, for their colors vs the chance of getting all brown males going the xingu route(since they’re all 4” no way to know what sex your getting) as well as tapajos being from the same river the Pinima (bass) are from. Split fins are nothing new to me lol Pinima are a little tough on each other but nothing that doesn’t heal in a couple days with the constant drip. I have some heros Severus in there too will they act as dithers?
The pikes would ignore the severums as target fish for spreading out aggression, due to different shape and size, but they will make good dithers and help the pikes calm down. They will see the bass as competition once they settle. Just keep the tank lights off above the tank so they grow accustomed to normal traffic outside of the tank. Ambient room light is fine.

I too prefer the adult look of Tapajos 1 over Xingu 1 (not only that but the lower price as well).

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
The pikes would ignore the severums as target fish for spreading out aggression, due to different shape and size, but they will make good dithers. They will see the bass as competition once they settle. Just keep the tank lights off above the tank so they grow accustomed to normal traffic outside of the tank. Ambient room light is fine.
I have a couple flood lights on for the pothos is this ambient enough?

8E86A5D5-47F0-4A5D-9A17-3F0867198FB2.jpeg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
That looks dim enough since the lights aren't directly projecting into the tank and more pointed at the wall. See what happens. If they seem stressed, maybe only one light if possible so they can retreat to darker area.

Reactions: tcav88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store