MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I like you a lot and you are way, way ahead of me as a fisherman although I am 47 and you are 15.

I just thought I'd make a general statement (worth $0.02 so don't think much of it) that I am against requests for likes and subscriptions, which sadly have become so omnipresent and pervasive in our contemporary culture that people don't think much of them and they seem normal because everyone seems to be doing it.

But if you think about it, you are asking others to give you praise, complement, and honor. This seems to only be rather inconsequential in the virtual world. If one does it in the real world - at work, with their peers, on the street, with their family, in the gym, with your date, etc. one would instantly become despised and resented because it is a dishonorable thing or at the very least distasteful, tactless, insecure, low, and pitiful thing to do.

Honor is earned, not asked for or begged for or prodded for and it is up to others to bestow it on their own volition or deny it or remain indifferent and not up to the person in question to prod others to give it.

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
I like you a lot and you are way, way ahead of me as a fisherman although I am 47 and you are 15.

I just thought I'd make a general statement (worth $0.02 so don't think much of it) that I am against requests for likes and subscriptions, which sadly have become so omnipresent and pervasive in our contemporary culture that people don't think much of them and they seem normal because everyone seems to be doing it.

But if you think about it, you are asking others to give you praise, complement, and honor. This seems to only be rather inconsequential in the virtual world. If one does it in the real world - at work, with their peers, on the street, with their family, in the gym, with your date, etc. one would instantly become despised and resented because it is a dishonorable thing or at the very least distasteful, tactless, insecure, low, and pitiful thing to do.

Honor is earned, not asked for or begged for or prodded for and it is up to others to bestow it on their own volition or deny it or remain indifferent and not up to the person in question to prod others to give it.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry for posting this. I didn't ask for likes to get praise, it was actually so I could win a contest. Yes, I know that still may seem like begging to you but I am planning on selling the fish feeder and donating half of the $800. I did win, so I guess I didn't need to post this. Again, I am sorry. I didn't do this to be more "popular", in fact, that was the furthest thing from my mind. I did this so I could win an awesome contest that is once a year, and donate half the money I won. I am planning on donating the money to the Oceanic Preservation Society, and my dad is a board member. So I will have $400 left over to spend on fish. I found a guy that is selling some Siberian and diamond sturgeon at 6", so that's what I'm getting with my money. I will grow them out in a stock tank and then I'll put them in my pond when it's done. The pond will be around 1 acre. Thank you for the advice.

Have a great night.
George Haddaway

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry for posting this. I didn't ask for likes to get praise, it was actually so I could win a contest. Yes, I know that still may seem like begging to you but I am planning on selling the fish feeder and donating half of the $800. I did win, so I guess I didn't need to post this. Again, I am sorry. I didn't do this to be more "popular", in fact, that was the furthest thing from my mind. I did this so I could win an awesome contest that is once a year, and donate half the money I won. I am planning on donating the money to the Oceanic Preservation Society, and my dad is a board member. So I will have $400 left over to spend on fish. I found a guy that is selling some Siberian and diamond sturgeon at 6", so that's what I'm getting with my money. I will grow them out in a stock tank and then I'll put them in my pond when it's done. The pond will be around 1 acre. Thank you for the advice.

Have a great night.
George Haddaway
Also, my dad read your post and would like to say: he agrees with you 100%. He is also 47 and he (and I) think that was the best way to say it. Thank you for being so eloquent and kind about it.
No one else is mind blown the way this kid is responding? He’s sound smarter than half the forum!

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I am pleasantly surprised. I had no expectations but TBH it's nice not being told to go and mind my own business, which, if anything at all, would sadly be expected from the vast majority.

Our western civilization and culture have been so busy upgrading and improving our material lives (versus the past) that we have not been noticing how our moral and spiritual standards have been steadily eroding where selfishness in its crudest forms of money, comfort, all kinds of bodily pleasures, and fame have become the purpose of life with higher intensity for more people (versus the past).

Mr. two cent is preaching here, again. Sorry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store