Peacock bass with Jaguar cichlid ?

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Is it okay to keep peacock bass with Jaguar cichlid ? I have 2 wild caught Azul and 5 kelberi which are still on and off with pellet training. Was hoping to add another species in that would maybe entice them to eat more. Wanted to add a Jaguar cichlid or two because I love how they look. My other option would be Oscars. Any thoughts ?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Personally I would go with the Oscar. There are a few members who successfully keep O’s with Bass T tony A cigars cigars Jags are very aggressive cichlids and will rip up the bass causing them to explode and crash into the tank.

Reactions: cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Oscars are a good choice but some O’s can be temper mental, that be said I have always mixed Oscars with cichla seems to always work out ok for me. I agree with TheWolfman TheWolfman Jags are super
aggressive.

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Personally I would go with the Oscar. There are a few members who successfully keep O’s with Bass T tony A cigars cigars Jags are very aggressive cichlids and will rip up the bass causing them to explode and crash into the tank.
Oscars are a good choice but some O’s can be temper mental, that be said I have always mixed Oscars with cichla seems to always work out ok for me. I agree with TheWolfman TheWolfman Jags are super
aggressive.
Thanks for the heads up. Will likely go with an oscar then. Always wanted to keep them anyways :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store