Who Else Keeps Killifish?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
So who else on the forum keeps or has kept at least one species of killifish? I'm fairly new myself and have only been keeping them since July but I'm already loving them and wanting more. Right now I only keep 2 Bluefin Killifish (Lucania goodei) but like I said I'll be getting more soon and hopefully I'll start breeding them soon as well. Feel free to post what kinds you keep or want to keep or any pictures or videos you have.

This is the best picture I have of my two outside the jungle of hornwort in their tank.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I got my first killies two weeks ago 2 male and 3 female fundopanchex gardnei (sp?) they are in 29 gallon at the moment I love the colors on them.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Got a breeding group of Banded Killies (Fundulus diaphanus) a few weeks ago and they're in my riffle tank now. I've seen them while snorkeling before and it's cool to have them in my tank!

Leliadax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
I just ordered my first killifish eggs last night. Thought I'd give them a try, they are soooo pretty. Hopefully I can get some to hatch, I'm a bit worried it's going to be complicated to raise the fry and have been considering giving a whirl for almost a year now and figured gotta start somewhere. Have you or anyone hatched from shipped eggs before?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have kept two species so far, and am hoping to find one or more of the Panamanian native killi's now that I live here.
Those from a few years back

The dwarf red gularis above, Fundulopanchax sjoestedti.
Pachypanchax playfairii from the Seychelle islands below

The Pachypanchax would spawn in leaf litter, and the fry escaped parent predation there.

Leliadax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
I have kept two species so far, and am hoping to find one or more of the Panamanian native killi's now that I live here.
Those from a few years back

The dwarf red gularis above, Fundulopanchax sjoestedti.
Pachypanchax playfairii from the Seychelle islands below

The Pachypanchax would spawn in leaf litter, and the fry escaped parent predation there.
Those are beautiful fish! I can hardly wait for my eggs to come in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store