Show your vieja synspilum true belize and Lago peten

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Hey I'm looking to put in an order for some true belize red heads from cichlid of the America's and was wondering if anyone had any of these from that supplier or any in general and could show some pics of them. Also if anyone has the Lago peten strain, particularly from cichlidsoftheamericas you should show those as well or if you have any from anywhere else, would be cool to see what yours look like. Also does anyone know if there is a difference in the Lago peten strain then the Laguna Yaxha, Guatemala' race? Thanks everyone

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Dude, you're in luck. I have a Belize Synspilum from CoA, and a Lago Peten from CoA. I'm gonna vacuum the bottom of the tank later today, I"ll get some pics and a video before I start.

Until then, here's the last video of the tank they're in. The Lago Peten is at :36. The Synspilum is at 1:17.

Reactions: keystonewma and lyc

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
They look great especially your belize. I have the
Laguna Yaxha, Guatemala' race melanura from rapps and was trying to figure out if there was a difference in the Lago peten and Laguna Yaxha. I'll definitely be ordering a few belize. They're beautiful.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
They look great especially your belize. I have the
Laguna Yaxha, Guatemala' race melanura from rapps and was trying to figure out if there was a difference in the Lago peten and Laguna Yaxha. I'll definitely be ordering a few belize. They're beautiful.
That's the 3rd Belize tyoe Synspilum I've had. It took me a few tries to get one with the cool body shape, color, and head profile like that. Ones I had before we're shaped like a football.

The one I have now is the only one I got from CoA. I don't know if they all turn out like that, or if I just got lucky. But I like this one the best of all I've had so far.

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
That's the 3rd Belize tyoe Synspilum I've had. It took me a few tries to get one with the cool body shape, color, and head profile like that. Ones I had before we're shaped like a football.

The one I have now is the only one I got from CoA. I don't know if they all turn out like that, or if I just got lucky. But I like this one the best of all I've had so far.
Here is my biggest melanura from rapps. I have high hopes for this guy. All the others are looking really nice so far as well but just aren't as big as this guy. I'm going to just order a few belize red heads from COA and compare the two different races and see how they turn out.

So are these Laguna Yaxha, Guatemala' race melanura different then the lake peten ones do you think? Or are they very similar

IMG_20161119_181458.jpg

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA

Do you have a photo or video of him as a juvi?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana

1:19 - 1:24 in this video is him when he was young. His head and body shape was totally different back then, and he was bottom of the pecking order, too. Now, he runs the tank, looks great.

You can see there is a bigger synspilum in the tank wth him, too. the bigger one was a 2 year old female, shaped like a football. I don't have her anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store