midevil breeding behavior

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
male randomly beats on the female,no dmg really just some scuffs here n there.they do have fry in the water with them and both guarding.i added some convict fry for targets to give them something to turn their aggression on instead of each other.for the most part hes nice to her and he hasnt harmed the fry at all.except the random bouts of rage he has where he wants to turn the tank upside down.lately hes been slamming the glass lid over and over.have no idea why.i think hes crazy.this female is the only fish hes ever tolerated to live with him besides the 12 inch pleco that took a beating for 2 weeks before he gave up.hes close to full size and she still has some growing to do.is there a chance that he chills out or is this just how he is always going to be?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
male randomly beats on the female,no dmg really just some scuffs here n there.they do have fry in the water with them and both guarding.i added some convict fry for targets to give them something to turn their aggression on instead of each other.for the most part hes nice to her and he hasnt harmed the fry at all.except the random bouts of rage he has where he wants to turn the tank upside down.lately hes been slamming the glass lid over and over.have no idea why.i think hes crazy.this female is the only fish hes ever tolerated to live with him besides the 12 inch pleco that took a beating for 2 weeks before he gave up.hes close to full size and she still has some growing to do.is there a chance that he chills out or is this just how he is always going to be?
He may or may not. Maybe when he gets old the Midevil might mellow out.

Reactions: BIG-G

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
He may or may not. Maybe when he gets old the Midevil might mellow out.
yea we'll see how it goes..he has a temper for sure but still my favorite fish by far that i own.i remember his reflection used to set him off for 10 min or so and he'd patrol the tank looking for the "rival red devil" smashing into decor and chasing dithers outta the way.he would go into his cave and sit for a min or so then back to the same area he saw his reflection before and would get set off again.was comical

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store