Nitrogen Cycle into 3rd Week

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yes, ofcourse, i added ammonia, hence ammonia and nitrite have now come.
Unfortunately dumb questions like that need to be asked. When we assume you know what you are doing is when we find out you are a dumb ass. So we ask dumb questions and get smart ass replies from smarter people who may have a brain cell or two to rub together. These are usually the dangerous ones as they know enough to get in to trouble but maybe not out of it. Then there are the ones kind of like me who have been in the hobby all their lives and know a lot but still some times need a refresher or really have never run into it and are happy to answer the dumb questions graciously because we know there are the others out there. :cheers:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Yes, ofcourse, i added ammonia, hence ammonia and nitrite have now come.
You are relatively new to the forum so we don't have a clue what level you're at. As twentyleagues twentyleagues said, we have to get the dumb questions out of the way first. If we just assume you are experienced, and it turns out you're not, and we delve into the advanced questions from the get go, then something very basic could be overlooked. This line of questioning can seem belittling to some, I understand that, but without knowing where you're at, it's better to get the dumb questions out of the way so we can get to the crux of the posters problem.

• Love
Reactions: GulfFarmer

GulfFarmer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2020
Unfortunately dumb questions like that need to be asked. When we assume you know what you are doing is when we find out you are a dumb ass. So we ask dumb questions and get smart ass replies from smarter people who may have a brain cell or two to rub together. These are usually the dangerous ones as they know enough to get in to trouble but maybe not out of it. Then there are the ones kind of like me who have been in the hobby all their lives and know a lot but still some times need a refresher or really have never run into it and are happy to answer the dumb questions graciously because we know there are the others out there. :cheers:
I am honestly very happy with your perspective, I believe the learning never stops and i am thank ful that you showed interest. Please don't think that asking such questions will be any matter of negativity from myself. It is people like you whose help and expertise save us. TBH, the first time i did few months ago, i added ammonia but forgot to add the nitrifying bacteria ( SO ITS NOT A DUMB QUESTION ). Just an update for today, Nitrite is now 0.25 and Nitrate is now 40ppm. However, since its been almost 3.5 weeks, my water level has dropped thus effecting my water flow in the filter. Should i wait for nitrite to be 0 to do water exchange?

Reactions: twentyleagues

GulfFarmer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2020
You are relatively new to the forum so we don't have a clue what level you're at. As twentyleagues twentyleagues said, we have to get the dumb questions out of the way first. If we just assume you are experienced, and it turns out you're not, and we delve into the advanced questions from the get go, then something very basic could be overlooked. This line of questioning can seem belittling to some, I understand that, but without knowing where you're at, it's better to get the dumb questions out of the way so we can get to the crux of the posters problem.
Buddy, I am very very Thank ful for the response and interest. And i have had some major falls during my experience so every related question is important for success.:hearts: I am quite happy to find this group and its experts. Also i have asked a question above, will need your advice. TIA!

GulfFarmer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2020
Welcome aboard
It sounds like you are are almost there to end of Cycling. What type of test kit do you use to test your parameters? Make sure your testing vials are rinsed well before and especially after use.
Hey! Its been almost 6 days now that my Nitrite reduced to 0.25 PPM. Does it take long to halt to 0? Or can i start to add any fish? TIA

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store