Texas hybrid?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
That's what I was thinking. He did his part. I would get up and walk away too lol..

She hasn't shown any aggression towards him. I will.be gone at work until 6pm tomorrow. That's a long time to let her dig into him if something did happen.
Well you could add a barrier to the tank to keep them separate till you come back. Personally I wouldn't separate them just because it may add more stress to the male.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Not with me no.

Go figure. His eyes just turned back to red.. I've never bred a Kamfa nor have I known anyone to breed a kamfa.. maybe that has something to do with it?

View attachment 1405888
Maybe, never bred a kamfa either. Most that I see have silver eyes rather then red eyes. He is very nice looking tho. Hopefully ya get a ton of fry from him.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Maybe, never bred a kamfa either. Most that I see have silver eyes rather then red eyes. He is very nice looking tho. Hopefully ya get a ton of fry from him.
I've never heard of any kamfas breeding in the USA. I'm sure it's been done. I doubt I found that needle in the haystack.

It's been 30 hours since they she started laying eggs. Cant lie it's pretty exciting even though deep down I know it ain't gonna happen.

With my Bonsai Fader spawn, at 30 hours they look exactly the way the Kamfa spawn does. That's very promising.

I would assume if the eggs weren't fertilized they all would have turned full white by now...

Let me goto sleep. I bet when I wake up I'll have the answer I'm looking for

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Dang. 48 hours no eyeballs. But the eggs aren't white yet.

Dont think its gonna happen
Ya never know it might just take them a lil more time, I hear since kamfas are part veija that it takes them longer to mature so maybe it's the same with the eggs as well.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Cool. That sounds logical. Lol my mind can stop racing now.. for a while
Haha yeah I know the feeling, felt the same way about every fish I bred (except guppies) always looking for any lil change no matter how insignificant it may be. The only fish that was always a let down was the Angels and that's just because the father always ate the fry. Loved that fish tho lol.

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Haha yeah I know the feeling, felt the same way about every fish I bred (except guppies) always looking for any lil change no matter how insignificant it may be. The only fish that was always a let down was the Angels and that's just because the father always ate the fry. Loved that fish tho lol.
My wife wants to get into breeding Angel's. Maybe I should start an angel thread. I'd like to be able to spot out better quality. As of now I dont know anything about them

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store