ID please. FH x Midas??

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Found a new site for some awesome 1 of a kind FH also those Oddballs like this guy that took my heart.

He seriously looks like a Midas x FH. They have another for sale that's bigger and badder but this one just had to come home to me.

Sunken eyes, FH face, ZZ tail and round body. Not my idea of a typical Kamfa.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

20200325_171848.jpg

20200325_171845.jpg

20200325_171842.jpg

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Probably a bit of other Amphilophus species in them because most Midas are mixed now, but generally I would say you're most likely right. Also he looks nice, are you planning on pairing him up with a female and Breeding him because I bet some people would be interested in fry.

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Probably a bit of other Amphilophus species in them because most Midas are mixed now, but generally I would say you're most likely right. Also he looks nice, are you planning on pairing him up with a female and Breeding him because I bet some people would be interested in fry.
Yes definitely. When I seen his tail i immediately thought he was a ZZ Fader until i got him into my tank. Something about his face is just different, especially in the mouth area. Couldn't put my finger on it.

Seeing the white, sunken eyes threw me off, first reaction was hes a Kamfa. Then I looked at my midas and low and behold, White sunken eyes.

I have several females I could pair with him, in fact I had 2 pairs spawn yesterday (my birthday). If I would have known I could have tried that pairing.

So far I want to match him with a turquoise texas female I have that's the perfect size. Before I jump the gun, is that the best option? Should I find another midas?

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Yes definitely. When I seen his tail i immediately thought he was a ZZ Fader until i got him into my tank. Something about his face is just different, especially in the mouth area. Couldn't put my finger on it.

Seeing the white, sunken eyes threw me off, first reaction was hes a Kamfa. Then I looked at my midas and low and behold, White sunken eyes.

I have several females I could pair with him, in fact I had 2 pairs spawn yesterday (my birthday). If I would have known I could have tried that pairing.

So far I want to match him with a turquoise texas female I have that's the perfect size. Before I jump the gun, is that the best option? Should I find another midas?
You could make a version of Red Texas Hybrid or rth that way. Probably look like a Red Texas with a flowerhorn and Midas body.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I'm thinking please take my money...
Yeah I Know. You can really see where Blood parrots and Mammons get the shape from. Here's the person who posted them on their Instagram, if you want to you can probably contact them. I'm not going to because I don't have any tank space When I have tank space instead of starting with a red Texas project like I originally planned probably gonna start with a short Body Midas one instead. Even though I don't usually like short bodies there is something just so captivating about them
Screenshot_20200323-150535~3.png

Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Yeah I Know. You can really see where Blood parrots and Mammons get the shape from. Here's the person who posted them on their Instagram, if you want to you can probably contact them. I'm not going to because I don't have any tank space When I have tank space instead of starting with a red Texas project like I originally planned probably gonna start with a short Body Midas one instead.
View attachment 1410542
This guy seems to be short body also. Definitely not full size.

I'd like to find another midas and further develop a Koky midas line.. I'll send you some fry if I make it happen.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
This guy seems to be short body also. Definitely not full size.

I'd like to find another midas and further develop a Koky midas line.. I'll send you some fry if I make it happen.
That's cool, but I can't take fry. I can't own tanks over 10 gallons where I live, it's sucks but when I finish college, I plan on
finding a good place that lets me own large tanks.

Reactions: Fishenvy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store