Is my Sen bichir acting weird?

vigi24mansingh

Feeder Fish
May 17, 2016
Dubai
Hey guys, got my little albino bichir around a month ago.
He's super active, gets his food all fine, even tho then juvenile oscar hogs the food at times
But he keeps chilling near the top of the surface and swims fast across the water and goes to rest on the submerged tubelight most of the time
Is this normal behavior?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey guys, got my little albino bichir around a month ago.
He's super active, gets his food all fine, even tho then juvenile oscar hogs the food at times
But he keeps chilling near the top of the surface and swims fast across the water and goes to rest on the submerged tubelight most of the time
Is this normal behavior?
How big is the Senegal and how big is your Oscar? Sounds like the Senegal may be spooked by something.

Reactions: magpie and kno4te

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
my sens are always out swimming and if theyre young they do hang out near the surface more.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How big is the Senegal and how big is your Oscar? Sounds like the Senegal may be spooked by something.
Yes. Sounds like it.

vigi24mansingh

Feeder Fish
May 17, 2016
Dubai
The sens around 4” and the oscars around the same length as well
He’s started to recently eat the pellets out from the surface , along with the ones that fall down to the substrate
But he swims really close to the Oscar and sometimes right above the Oscar , the Oscar doesn’t even nip at him tho
I read somewhere else that young ones are kinda active this way.
He also keeps swimming thru my plants

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store