Best Way to Move a Tank

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
So the 400 is going on a different wall so was hoping to keep as close to in place as possible and move over. But have to get the floors in now because this would be virtually impossible once the 400 is in.
Someone had a good idea above earlier and Ill add. Put fish in tote/pool. Drain and move tank over enough for floor guys to remove the portion under tank and put in tile for that area. Most will be understanding and will work around that. Move tank back after a couple days. Fish back in.

Whatever you decide to put fish in I'd suggest a cover...you can't be too careful.

Reactions: gatormfk

Stevie2steezy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2020
Nice tank bro. Yeah I'd definitely take all the water out before moving it. Just a little more work can save you a whole lot of potential trouble.

Reactions: gatormfk

gatormfk

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2019
Trinity, FL
I’m thinking I’m going to take them out and store in totes for the hour or two it will take to drain and move the tank to the garage. Then reassemble the tank out there and put the stock back in and leave in the garage until the 400 gets here and cycled. Figure it will eliminate one extra move for the fish. Only real fear is the heat in the garage in FL the later we get into spring.
Someone had a good idea above earlier and Ill add. Put fish in tote/pool. Drain and move tank over enough for floor guys to remove the portion under tank and put in tile for that area. Most will be understanding and will work around that. Move tank back after a couple days. Fish back in.

Whatever you decide to put fish in I'd suggest a cover...you can't be too careful.
Nice tank bro. Yeah I'd definitely take all the water out before moving it. Just a little more work can save you a whole lot of potential trouble.

gatormfk

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2019
Trinity, FL
It a stressful night having not moved the fish since they went in as fry, but made the move to the garage last night. Despite the Aro trying to jump out of the tote and banging his head on the lid a bit, everyone seems no worse for the wear today.

766E3D48-CEFD-4F13-BDD3-BAC5253C7DF4.jpeg

2C2497F1-8029-4FA5-883B-F32FF5DD0C77.jpeg

9608D118-61F1-4109-95C6-85409B450B17.jpeg

Reactions: DN328
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store