Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
People eat snapping turtles?
Humans will eat anything if it moves.
Also I found this for ya. http://www.lacrawfish.com/Boneless-...aN3zXicPhBGJP_4zXbzDyr32kfygWb9hoCkmEQAvD_BwE

Hey fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 what became of that turtle that pooped in your pool?
I got him out, put him down, watched him walk right into a ditch and get stuck in said ditch, get him out of the ditch, watched him slowly walk away into some dense grass we have.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
People eat snapping turtles?
Snapper stew and terrapin soup used to be very popular dishes in some parts of the country.
I got him out, put him down, watched him walk right into a ditch and get stuck in said ditch, get him out of the ditch, watched him slowly walk away into some dense grass we have.
I knew you would do right by the little fella and help it on it's way.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If I can help an animal out I will, you wouldn’t believe how many tiny frogs I get out of the pool on a regular basis.

Reactions: Hendre and MrsE88

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I saw this in a commercial for petsmart
AB0B4AB6-B12A-45C1-9C4A-30AD34A779B7.jpeg

That is a cichlid in the background and those are 3 koi in the front..... Who made this commercial? Did they just pull a random video involving a “cute” kid watching a fish tank without doing any research about the tank itself? They must have. They didn’t care about the video they showed as it didn’t cross their minds that someone might actually know those fish and care about it, all they cared about was a “Cute” kid watching fish to get the heart of ignorant people.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I saw this in a commercial for petsmart
View attachment 1421194

That is a cichlid in the background and those are 3 koi in the front..... Who made this commercial? Did they just pull a random video involving a “cute” kid watching a fish tank without doing any research about the tank itself? They must have. They didn’t care about the video they showed as it didn’t cross their minds that someone might actually know those fish and care about it, all they cared about was a “Cute” kid watching fish to get the heart of ignorant people.
The simple answer is they will sell more tanks with an ad like that than with a picture of one of us shabby looking dudes in front of a bitope correct species tank.
Maybe they should use a picture of me in my underwear during summer doing a water change with the caption "this could be you" it would set the hobby back 20 years!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
The simple answer is they will sell more tanks with an ad like that than with a picture of one of us shabby looking dudes in front of a bitope correct species tank.
Maybe they should use a picture of me in my underwear during summer doing a water change with the caption "this could be you" it would set the hobby back 20 years!
Very true, i'm not particularly taken with the idea of seeing you in your undercrackers either. However, the other week you posted a delightful picture of your wife with a pink sports car. Have you any pictures of her doing any water changes in her underwear. Lol.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very true, i'm not particularly taken with the idea of seeing you in your undercrackers either. However, the other week you posted a delightful picture of your wife with a pink sports car. Have you any pictures of her doing any water changes in her underwear. Lol.
Behave :nilly:

I did my first knife sharpening commission today, earned a grand $11. It's a start.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Why would he commission someone to sharpen a knife when they could get a little knife sharpener? I am honestly curious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store