The Awards of MFK 3.1

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
AWARDS FOR BREEDING FISH
NOTE: Common Livebearers (guppies, gambusia, Endler's LB, platies, swordtails, and mollies) are not eligible for a Breeder Award on Monster Fish Keepers.

Illustrious Aquaculturist
Points- 1250​
Requirements- A member will have proven to have significantly advanced some aspect of the husbandry of fish by exploring new frontiers of breeding. This will be signified by notable accomplishments such as breeding a species that has not been bred in captivity by a hobbyist before or by demonstrating a long and prolific history of captive breeding fish in order to protect an endangered species or to further the availability of a previously unavailable fish.​
Citation- For displaying an unprecedented dedication to advancing the field of fish husbandry by the hobbyist, this member is recognized as a Illustrious Aquaculturist.​
Accomplished Aquaculturist
Points- 750​
Requirements- A member who is well known in the fish keeping community as having displayed a proven long, productive, consistent history of running a captive breeding program for several species of fish for no less than two years OR a member who has displayed an ability to successfully breed species considered to be rare or difficult to breed in the hobby.​
Citation- For displaying an unwavering dedication to maintaining a successful breeding program over a significant period of time, this member is recognized as an Accomplished Aquaculturist.​
Capable Aquaculturist
Points- 300​
Requirements- A member shall have proven that they have intentionally successfully spawned a pair of adult fish, that those adult fish have laid eggs, that the eggs have hatched and that the member successfully raised a significant portion of the fry to adolescence. This must be documented. This will have been accomplished no less than three times.​
Citation- For displaying skill and competence in the field of hobbyist fish husbandry, this member is recognized as a Capable Aquaculturist.​
Can this be extended to other aquatic species??? Example crabs, clams, turtles???

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There isn't a different one for those, and to be honest most of these commonly kept non-fish species breed readily. Chicxulub Chicxulub thoughts?

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
I have a 1000 gallon tank in my den, and about 1600gal total tank volume in my house. It is documented on the site. Does this mean I get a medal?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store