Where to buy bichirs in canada?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
hello I am looking for two delhezi bichirs or other upper jaws besides sens but I dont know where to find them here aquarists across canada sells them but shiping is 120$ and the fish are 40$ each!! so I was wondering where I could find some? are their any members in southern ontario looking to sell or rehome?

Thanks!1

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Are no local fish stores open in your area?
If I'm not mistaken ontario has a few fish stores that are really good. It may be worth it for you to drive a couple hours to the nearest fish store and pick the bichir up and come back. Def cheaper than 120 shipping which is absurd.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
The only fish stores here are big als and petsmart most of the good stores are in the Ottawa
If I'm not mistaken ontario has a few fish stores that are really good. It may be worth it for you to drive a couple hours to the nearest fish store and pick the bichir up and come back. Def cheaper than 120 shipping which is absurd.
area

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
The only fish stores here are big als and petsmart most of the good stores are in the Ottawa
area
That sucks then lol. Big Als doesn’t have delehezi bichirs? They are relatively common IME as my PetSmart has them in stock at one point but chain stores vary. Hopefully you end up finding one cause they are wonderful fish!

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Thank!!
My local big als does not really do predators anymore mostly saltwater and nano/smaller fish

That sucks then lol. Big Als doesn’t have delehezi bichirs? They are relatively common IME as my PetSmart has them in stock at one point but chain stores vary. Hopefully you end up finding one cause they are wonderful fish!

Reactions: Rayfishowner
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store