Fluval 206

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It's possible the filter is not purged of air all the way OR that the seals or o-ring are worn and need to be replaced.

Another problem could be related to the amount of water you have in your aquarium because I noticed on your other posts that you don't have the aquarium filled up all the way and that makes it harder for the canister filter to return the water to the tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

Snakeheadred

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2020
Giggleinton
It's possible the filter is not purged of air all the way OR that the seals or o-ring are worn and need to be replaced.

Another problem could be related to the amount of water you have in your aquarium because I noticed on your other posts that you don't have the aquarium filled up all the way and that makes it harder for the canister filter to return the water to the tank.
Yes that might be the problem hmm got my thinking cap on no it did this when the tank was full so it's not that

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Got decent second hand we'll keep fluval 206 water keeps stopping an startin nose coming fromthe impeller any ideas
Have you managed to get it actually going and then after half an hour or so it stops with a rattling noise from the impeller? If so, sounds like it's sucking air into the intake from somewhere. Check all the intake piping is clear and tight.

Have you never actually managed to get it going? Try pulling the outlet hose off the tank and siphon/run it into a bucket until it clears the air out.

The 400 series iirc had great plumbing for that, you could easily pop the inlet and outlet hoses off the tank.

Reactions: deeda

Snakeheadred

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2020
Giggleinton
Have you managed to get it actually going and then after half an hour or so it stops with a rattling noise from the impeller? If so, sounds like it's sucking air into the intake from somewhere. Check all the intake piping is clear and tight.

Have you never actually managed to get it going? Try pulling the outlet hose off the tank and siphon/run it into a bucket until it clears the air out.

The 400 series iirc had great plumbing for that, you could easily pop the inlet and outlet hoses off the tank.
Ye it's running now bud but still chuggin I can't figure it out its all point in to what u said drawin air in but for the life of me I can't fid were IV being all round that 206

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store