aimara Growth rate?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Pedro -aquascape?
Remember the beast george fear brought in?
ya, it may have been George...

He was a good dude, it seems he shuttered his business while I was on aquatic furlough...

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA

He was a good dude, it seems he shuttered his business while I was on aquatic furlough...
Pedro would bring in aimara but George brought in the big ones including a 3ft one.

Reactions: dr exum

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Somerville is overall really good. They are doing a great job building the place up. its actually just a wolfgag. Wolfgang puck is a different restaurant. The place is good but you can get a better steak elsewhere. They honestly have a really good burger. You still in the area?
I am still in NJ. I’m further north about 40min in Livingston.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA

Several years back George decided to shutter his business. I think the lease on his building was expiring and he decided that it was time to retire instead of trying to move the shop again.

Reactions: dr exum

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I could be wrong, I never saw but heard about it.

Do you regret selling your 40in one?
I did not sell it... it got spooked and broke it's back when it tried jumping out of the tank. I had 60lb beams holding the lids down but still not enough. The Aimara ate at 11am and was barely breathing when I saw it at 3pm in the afternoon

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I did not sell it... it got spooked and broke it's back when it tried jumping out of the tank. I had 60lb beams holding the lids down but still not enough. The Aimara ate at 11am and was barely breathing when I saw it at 3pm in the afternoon
Wow. Surprised it would get spooked at that size. When you say it wasn’t enough, do you mean it still got out?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
yes.. if I ever get another beast sized Aimara, I will use netting plus heavier things (cinder blocks) to help hold down the lids.
My guy right now is about 23in. I have been using Velcro to hold shut my lids but will need to add some as he gets bigger. Any idea what’s the largest aimara have been grown in captivity vs importing large?

63FBADC8-41A5-4369-BFC8-88588E741471.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store