OUTDOOR POND, ALL PIC'S

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
winters in Uk are warmer than in Poland so i dont think there will be problem with Balzani or other gymnogeophagus . You should focus more on question ,,if there is any chance that my turtle will eat my fish ''' ;)
Lol, yeah. How often do you see your cories. Asking because I know they are are bottem dwelling and actually wanna see the fish I keep in pond lol

marpol

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2020
Lol, yeah. How often do you see your cories. Asking because I know they are are bottem dwelling and actually wanna see the fish I keep in pond lol
Well , peppered corys are a little bit shy . They dont like sun during day and always looking for shadow so some water plants are recommended , corys are most active after dusk and early morning.

Reactions: Justepic

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I looked at where the paleatus cories come from and on google it says from the Parana River. Would it be viable to assume that all species from this river would also be able to survive cold temps?

marpol

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2020
I looked at where the paleatus cories come from and on google it says from the Parana River. Would it be viable to assume that all species from this river would also be able to survive cold temps?
I dont think so , you can find him from Brazil to Argentina so temperature range can be very different for every country. thats why he will be ok with cold winters and hot summer . You can also think about Apistogramma BorelliI -dwaft cichlid that can survive in cold water. Around 5 or 6 celsius.

Reactions: Justepic

mehaffydr

Feeder Fish
Aug 7, 2020
I have what I would call a medium size pond that I built a couple years ago in my backyard. I just joined this forum actually because I also have a 225 gal reef tank and am starting the build of a 900+ gal plywood reef tank and I was looking at all of the plywood tanks on this forum. I saw the pond section and thought that this would be a good place for my first post.
This pond is approx 5000 gal it is approx 30" below ground and 24" above ground level. See pictures below.
IMG_1217.JPG
I started by digging a footing for the concrete blocks. This trench is 12" deep and 16" wide all dug with shovel. I mixed all of those 100 bags of concrete in that wheelbarrow.
IMG_1219.JPG
Next I had to dig out the center I did rent equipment for this.
IMG_1516.JPG
I then built a 24" high block wall with rebar in every cavity and again mixed concrete and filled every single block full. Yes its a little overbuilt but it will last forever.
IMG_1550.JPG
I veneered the outside with imitation stone to finish it off.
IMG_1558.JPG
Next came felt liner and then rubber liner.
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG
Before I could even get it full My Granddaughter had to swim
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
Water moving and plants are going in.
IMG_1597.JPG
Some landscaping and a nice Japanese Maple.
And of course no pond is complete without a pergola so my wife had me build tat next.
IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1680.JPG
Next was to complete the retaining wall steps all the way over to the pond
IMG_1685.JPG

Completed project as viewed from the roof of my house
IMG_1794.JPG

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I have what I would call a medium size pond that I built a couple years ago in my backyard. I just joined this forum actually because I also have a 225 gal reef tank and am starting the build of a 900+ gal plywood reef tank and I was looking at all of the plywood tanks on this forum. I saw the pond section and thought that this would be a good place for my first post.
This pond is approx 5000 gal it is approx 30" below ground and 24" above ground level. See pictures below.
View attachment 1428162
I started by digging a footing for the concrete blocks. This trench is 12" deep and 16" wide all dug with shovel. I mixed all of those 100 bags of concrete in that wheelbarrow.
View attachment 1428163
Next I had to dig out the center I did rent equipment for this.
View attachment 1428164
I then built a 24" high block wall with rebar in every cavity and again mixed concrete and filled every single block full. Yes its a little overbuilt but it will last forever.
View attachment 1428165
I veneered the outside with imitation stone to finish it off.
View attachment 1428166
Next came felt liner and then rubber liner.
View attachment 1428168
View attachment 1428167
Before I could even get it full My Granddaughter had to swim
View attachment 1428169
View attachment 1428171
Water moving and plants are going in.
View attachment 1428172
Some landscaping and a nice Japanese Maple.
And of course no pond is complete without a pergola so my wife had me build tat next.
View attachment 1428173
View attachment 1428174
Next was to complete the retaining wall steps all the way over to the pond
View attachment 1428175

Completed project as viewed from the roof of my house
View attachment 1428176
Beautiful! And welcome to MFK. What fish you gonna keep in there?

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
M mehaffydr Awesome job! A labor of love and nice taste. And the photo reporting is beyond commendable.

At first I thought this was tropical / subtropical climate, now not sure. What is the climate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store