Can anyone help identify these guys for me?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Agree with the above.
I have keep the Pacific sleeper that's native to the western coast of Panama. They are very chameleon like and will change color depending on substrate, and mood. They grow quickly, mine went from 6" to 12" in about a year.
With bright substrate, it will be creamy in color, dark substrate, it might be brown like the one below.
8760072A-CC3A-43E6-B73C-9FCA23FA9280_1_201_a.jpeg
E904BFC2-579C-4F5B-BD29-CAF422C856F3_1_201_a.jpeg
When hunting among plants it may adapt a two tone coloration.

m_sol

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
Agree with the above.
I have keep the Pacific sleeper that's native to the western coast of Panama. They are very chameleon like and will change color depending on substrate, and mood. They grow quickly, mine went from 6" to 12" in about a year.
With bright substrate, it will be creamy in color, dark substrate, it might be brown like the one below.
View attachment 1428245
View attachment 1428246
When hunting among plants it may adapt a two tone coloration.
Thank you for the info! much appreciated

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thank you!! Will they be ok with big cichlids?
Toadfish need brackish to full salt water. Don’t think it’ll mix with cichlids. Marble goby get big and can be mixed with big cichlids. Make sure it’s sized appropriately for mouth size.

m_sol

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
Toadfish need brackish to full salt water. Don’t think it’ll mix with cichlids. Marble goby get big and can be mixed with big cichlids. Make sure it’s sized appropriately for mouth size.
Ah I see, ok then I guess I'll have to post him up for sale. Thanks for the info! I'll for sure keep the marble goby

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
My marbled goby seemed to not be interested in eating any of the fish I kept it with, even though it was at least double their size (they were Andinoacara cichlids, Roeboides tetras, and a Pleco), although it was getting to a size, it may have become a problem.
I did keep it well fed, every other day feedings of ocean fish chunks ( it would never accept pellets, probably because it was wild caught)
3 videos below
Panamanian Tank
Goby muggin camera
Goby Grab

m_sol

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
My marbled goby seemed to not be interested in eating any of the fish I kept it with, even though it was at least double their size (they were Andinoacara cichlids, Roeboides tetras, and a Pleco), although it was getting to a size, it may have become a problem.
I did keep it well fed, every other day feedings of ocean fish chunks ( it would never accept pellets, probably because it was wild caught)
3 videos below
Panamanian Tank
Goby muggin camera
Goby Grab
Nice tank! What do you feed your goby? I heard they grow best off of live foods

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store