Where to Buy Tanks These Days

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
Back in the hobby after being out for several years. Where would one buy a new 75g tank & stand and have it delivered? I'm in NYC and have no means of picking up a tank that size. I used to get most of my new tanks delivered from Petland Discounts, but they are no longer around. The other aquarium shops I used to use seem to be closed as well. Petco doesn't deliver... What am I to do? :p

Reactions: dr exum and Charney

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
welcome back. Where about in the city are you? I have a friend that supplies whole sale to a lot of nyc lfs. I will ask him if knows of any place

Reactions: dr exum

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
welcome back. Where about in the city are you? I have a friend that supplies whole sale to a lot of nyc lfs. I will ask him if knows of any place
Thanks, Charney. Your name sounds familiar - I think we may have traded fish at one point many years ago. Some large black barred silver dollars maybe?

I'm on the upper east side of Manhattan.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Thanks, Charney. Your name sounds familiar - I think we may have traded fish at one point many years ago. Some large black barred silver dollars maybe?

I'm on the upper east side of Manhattan.

Hi
Good memory. You came to Hoboken and took i think three pretty large large bar silver dollars.
Let me reach out to a buddy and get back to you

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
my buddy didnt know of any places. Can you buy the tank and hire someone to move it? I typically hire some one of craigs list to pickup and deliver large tanks for me

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
Thanks for checking. I may have to hire somebody. Do you have any trusted sources on CL? Seems a little risky to go that route, but all the "real" mover guys want $200 or more for the job, which is insane.

Datnoid 62

Feeder Fish
Mar 25, 2021
Back in the hobby after being out for several years. Where would one buy a new 75g tank & stand and have it delivered? I'm in NYC and have no means of picking up a tank that size. I used to get most of my new tanks delivered from Petland Discounts, but they are no longer around. The other aquarium shops I used to use seem to be closed as well. Petco doesn't deliver... What am I to do? :p
Look for 500 g aquarium

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
welcome!

edit - big tanks- fish tanks direct

75g - petco / petsmart

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com