EXOTIC AQUARIUM FISHES by Wm. T. Innes

Ronald Overby

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2020
One of the all-time classics of aquariological literature, for sure. I have three copies; sadly, the original one I bought somewhere around '68 or '69 was unceremoniously disposed of when it deteriorated into a loose pile of tattered papers after years of diligent thumbing-through. It was one of my favourite wishbooks when I was a kid.

If you like this one, you should keep your eyes peeled for a copy of the Illustrated Dictionary of Tropical Fishes by Hans Frey. Equally as charming as the Innes book, but with a very different, very European flavour. It is far more comprehensive, and includes a much greater variety of much more detailed info.
okay thank you for the info Sir!

Ronald Overby

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2020
I'd also like to know what was rare in the time this book was published.. care to share a few pages?
sure i will post a few pages, give me a bit to get them up on my PC then i will reply with the pics

Ronald Overby

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2020

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Fun fact about this book, the neon tetra was named "Hyphessobrycon innesi " in honor of Innes, the author. There were 19 editions of the book by Innes, but after the copyright expired on the name, Herbert Axelrod took it and started publishing sub-par books under the same name as a cash grab.

• Wow
Reactions: Ronald Overby
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store