Jardini vs Silver Arowana

yemista7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2020
What I really want is a silver arowana. I love the way they swim. The jardini looks much stiffer when it moves, where the silver seems to flow. Due to space constraints, the best I can do is a tank that is 48" x 24" x 24", so if I get any arowana it would have to be a jardini. Would I be happy with it considering what i love about the silver is how it swims? What are peoples opinions who have had both on the difference in behavior?

• Haha
Reactions: Rojo1991

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
What I really want is a silver arowana. I love the way they swim. The jardini looks much stiffer when it moves, where the silver seems to flow. Due to space constraints, the best I can do is a tank that is 48" x 24" x 24", so if I get any arowana it would have to be a jardini. Would I be happy with it considering what i love about the silver is how it swims? What are peoples opinions who have had both on the difference in behavior?
Tbh that aquarium will be too small for a Jardini when fully grown.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
very active swimmer -

i’ve got a 5”er in a 60” wide grow out - i feel bad at times - he’s only 5” - i’ve got a bigger 4’ tank but can’t really see the fish in there...

folks will probably say 6’ length -

GL -

yemista7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2020
Does jardini need more space per its length than a silver? Silvers grow to 3 ft and people recommend 6 ft tanks, so why wouldnt a jardini be ok in a 4 ft tank when it grows to 2 ft?

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Okay so silvers are bigger and less aggressive jardinis on the other hand grow a tab bit smaller but they make up for that size with lots aggression
so honestly they both need the same size tank silvers because they are bigger and jardinis if you want too keep tank mates in with them.
Also in my opinion I prefer jardinis but only because they are illegal where I live.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store