My 5.5" a pair jaguar

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Hahahaha.......I THOUGHT it looked like a flowerhorn but it looked kinda stiff! LOL

I'm setting up a new 125 with the same dimensions and have been thinking about what to put in it. I've decided to go with a parachromis pair just not sure which yet. I've read very mixed opinions on a Jag in this tank size but sure am tempted.

Reactions: Htat

Htat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
Hahahaha.......I THOUGHT it looked like a flowerhorn but it looked kinda stiff! LOL

I'm setting up a new 125 with the same dimensions and have been thinking about what to put in it. I've decided to go with a parachromis pair just not sure which yet. I've read very mixed opinions on a Jag in this tank size but sure am tempted.
How about zebra tilapia - the band look different than another tilapia

Screenshot_20210222-060534_Chrome.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
How about zebra tilapia - the band look different than another tilapia

View attachment 1452395
Is that the same as a buttikoferi? In that case I would say 125 for a solo fish.
As for parachromis in that tank size a pair of multies, Freddies, or motas would fit. Jags are hit or miss. Dovii can’t even fit.

Beautiful jags btw!

Reactions: Htat

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Is that the same as a buttikoferi? In that case I would say 125 for a solo fish.
As for parachromis in that tank size a pair of multies, Freddies, or motas would fit. Jags are hit or miss. Dovii can’t even fit.

Beautiful jags btw!
Yeah that’s a buttikoferi, I think it’s called a royal Buttikoferi if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: Htat and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store