Channa Marulioides tank size?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Caveden Caveden oh that’s so cool the world record is 33” and that’s one they caught with a fishing rod in aquariums no one that I know of has one that is captive bred and over 24” also it takes along time for them to get that size

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Caveden Caveden oh that’s so cool the world record is 33” and that’s one they caught with a fishing rod in aquariums no one that I know of has one that is captive bred and over 24” also it takes along time for them to get that size
I’m going there soon again after my exams. I’ll double check, maybe I mistook it for some other larger species snakehead such as giant snakehead, but I’m quite sure it’s a channa maru as the owner said it was a red sentarum. Either ways, I’m 100% sure it’s 30’’ or more

Reactions: Matteus

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
There is a saying here at mfk - pics or it didn’t happen :lol2::headshake
Damn haha y’all making me doubt myself that it’s smaller than I thought it was. However Kelly if you know that channa maru grow up to 2ft + why would you want to keep one in a 6ft?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Caveden Caveden I made a thread about what channa I could keep in a 125g snd then bumped it up to a 180g I thought it would be fine since several people say it is ok even D -DC- who is one of the snakehead experts here agrees. and it takes a long time for them to reach 24" Im going to make a poll and see what people are thinking.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
ok so who thinks it is ok to keep a 20-24" fish in a 6x2x2 tank? Channa Maruliodes is not very active. Im thinking it is ok since it is ok to keep datnoides and lap and endli bichirs which can get around the same size. I think it is ok just because of the activity level

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
ok so who thinks it is ok to keep a 20-24" fish in a 6x2x2 tank? Channa Maruliodes is not very active. Im thinking it is ok since it is ok to keep datnoides and lap and endli bichirs which can get around the same size. I think it is ok just because of the activity level
I can assure you, Channa marulioides is going to be much more active than any bichir. They are open-water swimmers after all.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I can assure you, Channa marulioides is going to be much more active than any bichir. They are open-water swimmers after all.
Yes my point, it don’t think it is possible for a 6x2x2. My opinion ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store