Fishing experiences

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
One time I was trying to bag up a 20” polypterus endliCheri and it got away from the bag and out of instinct I just grabbed for it. Turns out their dorsal spines are quite sharp.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
One time I was trying to bag up a 20” polypterus endliCheri and it got away from the bag and out of instinct I just grabbed for it. Turns out their dorsal spines are quite sharp.
I bet they are ? how much did it hurt though that’s what I’m curious about cause I mean something can cut you up but not hurt much but this sounds like it gave a good sting

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Matteus Matteus thats crazy I never would have thought bichirs are spicky like that mine look like their fins would be floppy. Sorry you got cut
Ya I thought the same, until I grabbed it. It was more of a surprise like when you grab a thistle bush or something. It didn’t really draw much blood but I definitely felt it was there.

not like being bit by a piranha. That is more of the opposite, didn’t feel anything but just started bleeding.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Ya I thought the same, until I grabbed it. It was more of a surprise like when you grab a thistle bush or something. It didn’t really draw much blood but I definitely felt it was there.

not like being bit by a piranha. That is more of the opposite, didn’t feel anything but just started bleeding.
Wait can we talk about you getting bit by your piranha now ?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I had a treble hook go through the bone of my pinky finger. Had to have it surgically removed. Always check the anchor line for loose hooks before you toss 15lbs of lead out. And maybe don’t let the rope slide through your hands
Why did you have a treble hook on 15 ponds of lead and how did it not just rip your finger off lol were you tryna snag gar while they were sunbathing or something

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store